Support > Forums > Getting Started > Loop Collection Activity not visible in Studio 1.5.2

Loop Collection Activity not visible in Studio 1.5.2

Andy Menon

• Reporter
  • Calender Icon July 26,2021 at 9:49 PM

Hello,

I installed the latest version 1.5.2 of Studio. I don't see the Loop Collection activity. I tried using For Each but it does not accept the Data Table type as an input collection.

What do I need to do to get this activity to be visible in Studio? I've confirmed that all the core packages are the latest.

Thanks!

This forum has 45 topics, 112 replies, and was last updated 3 months ago by Nataly Alvarado...

Nataly Alvarado...

• Participant
  • Calender Icon July 27,2021 at 8:28 PM

Andy,

I'm glad you were able to resolve the issue. Basically, the For Each command only accepts input as a collection of "something". In this case, the datatable is converted to a collection of datarows. Our inline coding functionality allows you to easily do this by employing the .Rows property.

Commands rename upgrades were not included in the release notes. However, hovering over the "Input Collection" field title, will show you a datatable example as: vMyDataTable.Rows. In addition, you can generate documentation for all commands by navigating to the Studio's toolbar > Options > Settings Manager > Generate Documentation.

Also, we are currently working on upgrading website documentation and videos to better assist users understand the updates and changes included in the latest OB Studio and Server.

Stay tuned!

Andy Menon

• Participant
  • Calender Icon July 27,2021 at 6:49 PM

Hello Nataly,

Yes, I was able to resolve the problem per my post late last night.

I checked the Release notes of v1.5 Studio and I don't see any notes on such updates. Is there any other documentation source I have can browse through?

Thanks, Andy

Nataly Alvarado...

• Participant
  • Calender Icon July 27,2021 at 6:00 PM

Hello Andy,

Yes, the Loop Collection command has been renamed to For Each command, to better represent its functionality. In order to loop through a datatable, you will need to convert it to a collection of rows.

For example, let's assume you have a datatable variable called DT1. In order to loop through it, you would use the For Each command and indicate the following fields:

Input Collection field: DT1.Rows
Output Collection Item Variable field: vDTRow

Where vDTRow is a datarow variable created to hold the current datarow value.

Let me know if you are able to reproduce the indicated steps!

Andy Menon

• Participant
  • Calender Icon July 27,2021 at 12:50 AM

Ok, I don't know if this is the only solution, but I had to import the System.xml from the Imports tab at the bottom and then use the For Each action in the following manner:

For Each excelRow in ExcelDT.Rows Access data as excelRow[x] to do whatever End For Each

I also installed the System.Xml.XmlSerializer package from the package manager. But I don't think that this is really required, but I will test this tomorrow to confirm.

You are not authorized to reply, please click here to login and add your reply to this topic.